This event is held at Game Underground. Located in a central spot on Moody Street you’ll find bars, restaurants, good ice cream, and a some quick places to eat open late.
On the corner of Spruce St and Moody St. You can pull up behind the building, to unload your equipment, and find municipal parking on Spruce St. The parking is free overnight and into Sunday.
349 Moody St
Waltham, MA 02453
LAN parties run smooth when everyone has the same games. We feature a lot of LAN party classics that are generally inexpensive or free to play.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive A LAN party classic turned e-sport. We’ll be playing Arms Race, aka Gun Game, and classic CT v.s. T demolition game modes.
- Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory Free-to-play, objective-based multiplayer World War 2 first-person shooter. Play as one of five unique classes (Engineer, Medic, Soldier, Field Ops, and Covert Ops) as you work with your team to complete key objectives necessary for victory.
- Fistful of Frags An action packed first person source mod set in the Wild West times. A unique combination of non stop action and slow but powerful weaponry. Fistful of Frags is a bit slower paced than the usual gungame.
- Unreal Tournament GOTY (UT99) The best LAN party death match game from the CRT days. It still holds up as a LAN party staple today. We can provide a copy for you at the LAN.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 Classic LAN party tournament FPS with lots of game modes. We play Capture the Flag, Death Match, and Onslaught (a control point map with vehicles).
- Armagetron A Tron style multiplayer light cycle game. Work with your team to box in other players. Last team standing wins.
- Team Fortress 2 Nine distinct classes provide a broad range of tactical abilities and personalities. Constantly updated with new game modes, maps, equipment and, most importantly, hats!
- Half-Life 2: Death Match Classic team deathmatch based on Half-Life 2. Pick up a gun and shoot or use your grav gun and throw toilets.
- Super Animal Royale Super Animal Royale is a 64-player, frenetic, top-down 2D battle royale where murderous animals fight tooth, claw, and machine gun across an abandoned safari park.
Feel free to bring your own games or servers to share as well.
This is a 24 hour event. Some nap at the LAN with an air mattress, sleeping bag, and pillow. A few don’t sleep at all! You can also go home, or to a hotel, for some rest and come back refreshed for some morning gaming. This event will be staffed all night.
We feature many classic LAN party games that run great on older computers!
There will be a chair, power strip, and an ethernet cable provided to you.
You will need to bring your own…
- Monitor Cable and Power Cord
- Computer Power Cord
- Keyboard and Mouse
- Mouse Pad
If you have an extra set of cables you can save yourself from crawling under your desk. You’re also welcome to bring your own chair if you want to go through the trouble to be more comfortable. That way you can load up your chair and roll everything in!
LPANE, the LAN Party Association of New England, is a Boston area group of guys and gals who play games together, run servers, and organize LAN parties. Our goal is help host, promote, and provide resources and equipment to other LAN parties in New England.